HYDOR INLINE EXTERNAL HEATER
First and unique external heater for aquariums with the exclusive PTC (Positive Thermal Coefficient) technology. The self-limiting PTC heating element guarantees maximum safety against any risk of overheating. The exclusive technology and the high quality of the components guarantee a long lasting product. Suitable for canister filters and sump tanks.
- For use outside of the tank
- Graduated temperature scale
- Power: 200W
- For 100 – 200Lt tanks
- Fits 16mm pipe
- Before placing your hands in the tank, disconnect all electrical appliances. Be sure that the voltage of the mains corresponds to the voltage shown on the heater label. The heater must be installed outside of your tank by cutting the outlet tube of the external filter, and by connecting the two parts of the tube onto both sides of the heater. If the external filter is already installed, it is important to shut off the valve taps, to empty out all the water that it contains, before cutting the outlet tube. The presence of air bubbles inside the heating unit can cause irreversible damages. Make sure that heater is installed in a vertical position and follow the flow direction of the water that is indicated on the heater’s body with an arrow. Reactivate the aquarium’s water circulation and connect the new heating system to the mains. After the first 24 hours of operation it is advisable to check all connections are tight.
- To set the required temperature in your aquarium, turn the temperature control knob (D) until the indicator on the heater’s body shows the chosen value on the scale. You can set the temperature required between 18°C and 34°C (65°F – 93°F). Should the water temperature of your aquarium turn out to be lower than the value set on the graduated scale, the heater will start heating automatically and the indicator will turn on.
- Does not require special maintenance, however a regular cleaning of the inside part of the heating tube will prevent the formation of limestone and algae guaranteeing an optimal heating action. Before disconnecting the heater remember to empty out all the water from the tube to which it is connected. Clean the inside of the heater‘s tube by using a soft brush.